A
Christmas Tale
It’s not
so often that I wake with a glow these days. You know that feeling that you
have had a rested sleep with pleasant dreams. I can even remember the plot from
the dream. The first part of the dream was starting to become a nightmare
before I was awakened by some mysterious force.
We were hungry and cold as vapor
came from the many mouths of the shouting people now being cajoled and funneled
through the opening in the massive fence. My friends and I had spent many
months trying to make it to this very point. We had seen awful sights of dying people on the
way. People frozen in puddles of rain water. People who had just given up and
had their few remaining belongings and food stolen. We had known another fierce
Winter was on its way and after the last Winter it was painfully obvious very
few would survive it. The flooded coastal cities were not a place to be if you had
any ideas of surviving to see another day! Like many others we had all lost
family along the way, parents, brothers and sisters, and so many innocent young
children. Clean drinkable water was a thing of the distant past. You held on as
long as you could then drank from any disgusting source, only just enough to
quench the dire thirst.
In the beginning; before the alliance got involved, disease
spread like wildfire. The, ‘free people’ as we liked to call ourselves were
decimated to only a fraction of what we had once been. Here we were, the survival
of the fittest, waiting for the annual, ‘hiring’.
In two thousand and twenty-five after the devastating world
war three that had lasted almost five years, the (AoA) Alliance of the Americas
was formed. The billionaires that had been running things for so long were
getting a little nervous. The populace that they had been controlling for so
long were starting to revolt. No longer could they send young men to war to
fight their petty and greedy squabbles. All the necessities for life; food,
water accommodation, health and even education had been squeezed to such an
extent to fill their evil, deep pockets. It seemed to start out innocently enough; building
large fences and walls to keep out adjoining countries: “why should those foreigners come and take our jobs and bring with them
drugs and crime.” President Trump made sure that wasn’t going to happen. Semi
rich societies at the beginning built their own separate walls with enough
armament to secure a small country. Shortly thereafter came the city walls then
the state walls. Trillions of dollars of taxes spent on security. It was rumored
that the AoA and the leader of the Russian Democratic republic shared a
monopoly on the worlds complete armory.
I had finally made it to the main gate, it was my turn at
long last. The heavily armed guard passed me on to a group of white clad and space
suited doctors. I had had my retina scanned and a sample of blood very roughly
taken from my wrist. My clothing was removed and thrown into a vacuumed trash
disposer as I was put inside a clear upright cylinder to be sprayed first with
hot disinfected liquid then a harsh steam spray that I inhaled which made me
vomit. I was then made to lie on a cold stainless steel bench while a
contraption was placed on my head. I felt a sharp pain as my memories were
erased then a need to go and urinate.
I woke up and laid there for a few minutes’ wow! what a
nightmare that was. It had all seemed so real that I actually reached up to
feel if the contraption was still fixed on my head. The only thing real was of
course, I sure still needed to go to the washroom.
The bedroom was very dark and quiet as I laid back down
still ruminating about the dream and what it had meant. I shortly fell into a discordant sleep still
trying to contemplate the meaning.
I knew my eyes were closed but I could now feel a warm and
loving entity. It enveloped my complete being. ‘Good morning and welcome to a beautiful new day,’ it said. It was
definitely a female voice but I couldn’t really tell for sure. I had been awakened
somewhat telepathically. ‘Thanks Genie
and how are you this beautiful day’ I said in the same telepathic gesture.
I had been practicing with my new enhancement chip that had been surgically installed
a few months prior. ‘Would you like your
daily schedule or would you rather have your morning coffee first,’ the
soothing voice said. ‘You can give me the
schedule now, while I exercise.’ I replied. I was on a return flight to
Earth from the Mars Terraform base at Clarke city. ‘Your meeting with Abdul Azziz from the university of Kabul and Abraham
Binyamin of Jerusalem scholarly has been set for 09:30 EST. I have taken the liberty
of setting the conference room with holographic presence. Doctor Abimbola
Akinyi from the Durban Zulu center for education who is presently on Lunar base
Armstrong has asked to be present.’ The entity added. ‘Yes
please, message her, and tell her she would be most welcome’. I replied.
It had been our goal to find young enterprising and
adventurous people to further mankind’s mission in the cosmos.
Since the terrible wars of the 19th and 20th
century and the unspeakable events thereafter. A few very wise and charismatic
people managed to turn our taste for murder around. It started slowly at first
but as soon as the proof came about, there was an incredible surge to make
things right once and for all. It became so obvious and simple what had to be done.
One only had to look back on our history to find the clues. How many times had
a single person caused such incredible amounts of death and destruction? How
many times had the rules of division been used to cause one man to hate another
to the point of murdering in the foulest and evil way? Why is it that a society
who educates and treats fairly every individual, has the least amount of
violence? A truly educated man sees absolutely no need for greed or religion in
a fair society. If a person has an intelligent goal in life and is allowed to go
forward with that goal. He/she not only enhances human intelligence and happiness
but secures our species in the future.
The rules for the use of religion came in the early to mid-20th
century and shortly thereafter all religions became an oddity. Still to this
day a popular subject for History scholars. Spirituality however became very
popular as more and more people learned how to connect; not only to each other
but to other animal life forms. With the advent of new mental enhancement chips,
vast areas of our brain became more available. Stress, and many mental
illnesses became unheard of. A quick scan by qualified doctors would find
issues that could be rectified immediately. There were people still enjoying a
healthy life today in 2120 that had been born during the first moon landing.
Some of the billionaires of the early 20th
century lived out their final days in ignorance. Society looked upon them as
wasteful individuals, relics from a sad past. Their children were embarrassed
to even be connected. It was understood very quickly that the world and its
wonders needed to be fearlessly protected. Most of the very rich had given and
used their vast fortunes to help this new world be what it is today. Richness in
this future was when an individual added something great to the overall gene
pool. They were revered and would have their names engraved forever in the annals
of time.
Even though this new world smacked of Utopia I felt
connected at every level. For once in my life I didn’t feel the need to look
for what, if anything was wrong. Anyone or even everyone; past, present or
strangely in the future could be contacted. Contact isn’t even the correct term
because they were all around me like – like this warm comforter!
Kevin Firth (the dreamer)
No comments:
Post a Comment